I thought it was my electric personality!

01/11/2008 at 1:26 pm | Posted in Everything else | Leave a comment

No really – my cube was reconfigured yesterday after I left and today when I started plugging things back in, I kept getting shocked. I thought that maybe it was just the dry heat making lots more static.

After lunch I plugged my headphones in to my laptop and when I put them in my ears, I got shocked – freaked me out! I tried different headphones (without putting them on my head of course) and as soon as I touched my work surface, I got zapped.

Called building maintenance who confirmed that there was a problem with the electrical box under my desk – he confirmed it after getting shocked himself. However, after they cut the power (so they could replace the box), they pulled the phone/data line and got shocked.

They tested that 124volts were running through it – and so now I’m sitting in another area and they are tearing up the floor to find the source of the short so they could fix the problem.

Advertisements

Leave a Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: